Saturday, June 20, 2009

Seen at the Healdsburg Farmer's Market

Dueling Healdsburg Restaurants!

While suffocating in heavy Lavender scent - this weekend was the Lavender Weekend at the Healdsburg Farmer's Market, I spotted 2 chefs from the Dry Creek Kitchen surfing through the Farmer's Market, looking for a few key ingredients. I was pretty impressed that they would be going right to the source. The market is still just stretching its legs towards summer, but there were a few peaches available - a very few, the sold out almost immediately! A couple of zucchini and cucumber, but not of the likes we'll see in a month.

I turned around and saw the heavy hitter on the local culinary scene, Douglass Keane from Cyrus, lounging on a bench, and getting his picture taken for some sort of PR routine. I looked over and laughed, and said I forgot my camera or I would put you up on my humble blog as well!

I really liked the local chefs buying at the local market. Keane is also involved in the Healdsburg Bar and Grill which has a mighty fine burger. One thing I like about that place - they have half wine barrels lined up around their garden growing herbs - now that's local!

I didn't need to buy any lavender at the market today - we have plenty of our own...

lavender

And the Heirlooms are looming as well!

Heirloom tomatoes starting on Twitpic

No comments: